Smoking a bong – step by step
Firstly, you should know that there are five parts to a bong. They are:
- The mouthpiece: This is the opening at the top of the bong that you put your mouth over to inhale.
- The Chamber: This is where the smoke is held before you suck it in (the main part of the bong).
- The Carb (Also known as a shottey): This is the a small ventalation hold that air is let through to rush the smoke out of the bong and into your lungs.
- The Downstem: The downstem is the pipe in which the smoke travels through and takes it through the water and into the chamber.
- The bowl (Also known as cone piece): This is the cone shaped piece in which you place your marijuana and weed and light it.
Now comes the fun part, smoking it! To do so simply:
- Light the marijuana that you have placed in the bowl with a lighter or matches.
- Begin sucking with your mouth over the mouthpiece, inhaling the smoke.
- Continue lighting as you continue sucking in the smoke.
- Once the bowl is empty (or you have had enough) stop lighting the weed and let your finger off the downstem and inhale all the smoke in the chamber. Remember to inhale deeply.
- Pull your mouth away from the mouthpiece of the bong and inhale.
- Wait a few moments and then exhale.
- And now you know how to use and smoke a bong. Enjoy!